- Purchases are NON refundable.
- Delivery to rural addresses at buyers risk.
- These are for Christmas delivery. If you want a roast for any other time of the year please see the separate shoulder and leg roasts.
Our Christmas Pork Scotch Fillet Roast (with crackling) is the perfect roast for the festive season. At 2kg minimum this will feed a family of 8 (remember eat less, eat better). Its also great the next day in a sandwich.
2kg pork Scotch fillet roast, skin on
olive oil for rubbing
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
1 tablespoon sea salt
4 cloves garlic
1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced and fronds reserved and chopped
1 cup dry white wine
2 apples (or pears), halved and cores removed
- Remove your roast from the plastic packaging. Dry well then refrigerate uncovered. The dry air in the refrigerator will help to dry out the skin. Ideally leave overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Rub the skin of the pork with a little olive oil and the fennel seeds/sea salt mix.
- Place the garlic cloves, sliced fennel bulb, and wine in a roasting dish, and place the pork on top, skin-side up.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 220°C then turn the oven down to 180°C and cook for 1.25 hours. After 30 minutes add the apples or pears to the pan.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes. If the skin hasn't crisped up enough, remove from the meat, return to the oven and finish under a grill while the meat is resting.
- Carve the meat and place on a platter alongside the fennel and fruit.
Pick up at Woody's Fore Quarter (Levin)
From 9th December 2018, we will email to advise when ready.
We will start sending out the Xmas roasts and hampers from the 9th December to ensure all are delivered on time. Suitable for freezing.