Please do not order other items with your Christmas roasts or hams as they are processed separately.
Our Christmas Pork Scotch Fillet Roast (with crackling) is the perfect roast for the festive season. At 2kg minimum this will feed a family of 8 (remember eat less, eat better). It's also great the next day in a sandwich.
2kg pork Scotch fillet roast, skin on
olive oil for rubbing
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
1 tablespoon sea salt
4 cloves garlic
1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced and fronds reserved and chopped
1 cup dry white wine
2 apples (or pears), halved and cores removed
- Remove your roast from the plastic packaging. Dry well then refrigerate uncovered. The dry air in the refrigerator will help to dry out the skin. Ideally leave overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Rub the skin of the pork with a little olive oil and the fennel seeds/sea salt mix.
- Place the garlic cloves, sliced fennel bulb, and wine in a roasting dish, and place the pork on top, skin-side up.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 220°C then turn the oven down to 180°C and cook for 1.25 hours. After 30 minutes add the apples or pears to the pan.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes. If the skin hasn't crisped up enough, remove from the meat, return to the oven and finish under a grill while the meat is resting.
- Carve the meat and place on a platter alongside the fennel and fruit.
- Payment is non refundable and cannot be swapped for credit.
- Please confirm your shipping address or pick up from our factory in Levin.
- We are unable to confirm specific delivery dates or times.
- Weights are approximate
Pick up at Woody's Free Range (Levin)
If you select PICK UP you will be sent an email when your order is ready to collect. We aim to have them ready from the 7th December, (all our meat can be frozen).
Shipping rates will be advised at checkout. We deliver to rural addresses at your risk (no extra cost). We aim to start sending out the Xmas roasts from the 7th December (all our meat can be frozen), you will be sent a tracking email when despatched so please don't contact us unless you have not received your ham by the 22nd December.