Porchetta is a whole side of pork (including the loin and belly) seasoned in a mix of salt, herbs and spices. The meat is rolled and tied to produce a succulent roast for a special occasion. At about 1.8kg it will feed between 6 and 8 people (depending on how hungry you are).
- Remove from plastic, liberally salt the skin and leave in fridge for two hours (overnight if possible)
- Rub vegetable oil (high boiling point) into the skin
- Preheat your oven to 230C and cook for 25 mins (don't let it burn)
- Reduce the temperature to 180C and cook for 40 mins per kg ( Internal temperature should be around 72C after cooking.)
- Rest for 20 mins before serving.
INGREDIENTS: Salt, Fennel, Thyme, Paprika, Garlic, Pepper
- 900g Half
- 1.8kg Whole
Please understand that this item is in very short supply.