What can be better in the middle of winter that a sausage stew? What about a sausage stew with a hint of tropical fruit.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 Woody's sausages (any flavour or a mix more than one)
- 3 canned pineapple rings (cut into pieces)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 large capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes (or use Baxter's chilli and lime sauce)
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Gently fry the sausages in a frying pan with the lid on until they are browned.
- Meanwhile in a casserole dish put a generous dash of olive oil and on a medium heat add the chopped onion, carrot and celery, cook till softened.
- Remove sausages from frying pan and cut into bite size pieces, add to the vegetables along with the pineapple and pineapple juice from the can
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, chilli flakes and a splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Turn down the heat and slowly simmer the stew for 30 mins. Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve with some rice or pasta of your choice.